Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Second and Last Day in Thailand

The next day in Thailand was packed with adventure. In the morning I took a tuk-tuk to various landmarks and got a Swedish oil massage before taking a taxi to Tarnie’s bf’s house. From there Tarnie took me by scooter to eat at a very cool market. We also fed some humongous fish near the house, drank coke from a plastic bag and took a boat across a large river from where we went to another market. Finally we met up with the rest of the pack and headed to an all you can eat Thai BBQ. I was super tired so although sad to leave, I looked forward to resting at the airport… but it was not to be.



Last Meal


I had stored my two large suitcases at the airport so with my 3 carry-ons, I went to pick them up. I then walked quite a while to line up for check-in and after a few minutes, realized my carry-on suitcase was missing! I thought it may have been stolen but figured that I forgot it at the suitcase storage service area.

I quickly rushed back with my two large suitcases and carry ons. Very fast but reasonably calm. I left it in such a way that it wasn’t obviously forgotten. I had a lot of trouble finding the place this time though but when I did my bag was there. So back again I rushed back with my massive trolley. It was quite fun but I was dripping wet by the time I was back in line!

This is one thing I noticed about Thailand. The humidity makes you sweat all the time. But it’s actually alright because it’s not smelly sweat and everyone else is sweating so there’s no need to worry about it! :)

I didn’t have time to eat as my plane was supposed to board but instead, I got stuck for 40 minutes after the boarding ticket processing. I was really hungry but once on the plane, my tiredness overcame me.

No comments:

Post a Comment