Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Just as in my last trip, I lost my ATM/VISA card again, and like before, this happened just before I needed to use it as I ran out of money.

I asked my friend Jeff to transfer me some money but the transaction was not allowed. I asked a few other friends before finally my friend Wilfred was able to transfer it. As soon as he confirmed we left to get to the Western Union office before it closed at 5pm. On the way, the Boda Boda broke down and so we had to find another to take us the rest of the way as it started to rain.

After arriving, I was told that the transaction did not exist. Basically, the “Money in Minutes” service did not work as advertised this time. It usually took a few minutes but not this time. I tried calling my friend but ran out of credit. After talking to him through gmail and confirming that the numbers were correct, we waited for another 20 minutes and just 3 minutes before the branch closed, Wilfred received a confirmation email noting that I was now able to pick up the funds.

I ran back inside to the window and started processing the transaction. I asked if I could get it paid in 20s and the lady said no. Surprised at this I asked why and she informed me that “The network is bad. Come back tomorrow”.

It was a pretty funny day and we laughed at each misfortune. The next day everything went well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment