Friday, August 16, 2013

It get's worse!

I have been struck with a cold in the last few days which has put me out of action for 3 days so far. I should be well for next week though.

I learned something interesting recently. What I thought was really poor flooring in houses (flat / chipped concrete) is actually not so. I recently went into a house where it was just uneven dirt. It's hardened but still quite an uneven floor of packed dirt. This is the low end.

I was told that if you have the means, you can get cow dung to smear over such floors regularly so as to avoid jiggers, a parasitic flea that can burrow into your feet and cause some serious problems (google for images of Chigoe Flea). It only smells when it's fresh I'm told. Life is tough when having cow dung smeared over your floor counts as lucky...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tomek we jst got from beacon of hope experience..pretty bad...could u email me I'd like to keep in touch..best to you wherever you are at moment..(we are in Dubai) my email ibsally@gmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete